Thanks, I did try wrapping the panel container and it caused the
javascript to stop working.  I guess I'll keep trying some other ideas
to try to fix this.  What your seeing now is a little improved,
because I gave the main container a fixed height.  Before that, the
entire page would move around when that panel disappeared.