sorry, i'm a bit of a n00b with JQuery.

would that be added onto my current autocomplete call?

my is my code now:

$().ready(function() {
        $("#SearchTxt").autocomplete("AjaxSearch.php", {
                width: 190,
                onItemSelect: SubmitSearchForm,
                selectFirst: false

so I would add it on like:

$().ready(function() {
        $("#SearchTxt").autocomplete("AjaxSearch.php", {
                width: 190,
                onItemSelect: SubmitSearchForm,
                selectFirst: false
        }).result(fn);
});

then where 'fn' is, I could add in a function to check that the field
has a value and submit it?

or would that be an additional call?