I have a long form where some of the fields are required. The problem
is that the user is sometimes getting to the point where they have
filled all the required fields in but is not done and then hits enter
rather than tab to go to the next field. When they do this the form
submits. I want to conform that the user really wants to submit when
they hit enter.

This does not work:

function confSubmit(form) {
if (confirm("Are you sure you want to submit the form?")) {
   $("#employmentForm").submit();
}
}//End of confSubmit function

I get a popup corectly but if I hit cancel on the confirm dialog then
the form validates/submits anyway rather than returning to the form.