Thanks for the parsing tip.  The other part of the story is displaying the
table as a two-column list where table headings are repeated vertically.
This is different than the standard table layout where one has a header row
then data rows.

Any tips on "transposing" the table from
   hdr1 hdr2 hdr3
    x1   x2    x3
    y1   y2    y3

   hdr1 x1