If the link is within the row, you can use jQuery#parents to find the row,
without using the ID.
$('a.delete').click(function()
{
    $(this).parents('tr').hide();
});

I'm not sure what .confirm() is at the end your script, but if you want to
use the native javascript confirm you can do it like this:

$('a.delete').click(function()
{
    var msg = 'Are you sure?';
    if (confirm(msg)) {