I've got the autocomplete working, but when I hit submit (or enter),
the action attribute of the from is made empty.

Example:
I've got a form with action="URL?opt=search"

'$("#remote-search").autocomplete("URL?opt=autofill"}

If I don't select anything from the autocomplete list, the form gets
submitted to the proper location (opt=search).

When I do select something from the autocomplete list, the form gets
submitted to URL (opt is not set at all).

I've even tried setting the "action" manually when submit button is
selected, but no go.

Any ideas?