Hello Everyone,

I am new to jquery and am using it in a project to develop a PHP based
Mysql report generator. My question is not 100% jquery but more on
application design?

I have a bunch of list items that I can drag and drop (thanks to
jquery) on to a workspace - on dropping I create a <TH></TH> elelment
with the value of the list item and an image which has a .click()
attached with a call back to a remove(). - This all works as expected
and really demonstrates how after just a couple of hours how powerfull
jquery is.

The hard part that I just cant get my head round is I need the value
and position of each item dropped onto the page stored somehow. I have
been using a bog standard js array and just pushing the new value into
the array on the drop callback but if I remove one of the <TH></TH>
then my array keys become out of sync.

Any suggestions on how best to approach this - I am primarily a PHP
developer and have been thinking of using Ajax to store the data in a
temp table but this seems a little longwinded.. js gurus your ideas?

Thanks - and hope I can repay the favour some time.

Dave