I'm not sure exactly what it is you are trying to do, so can't answer
with exact code but this code will make all divs have a click event
that will hide all divs except the one you clicked on.

$('div').click(function(){
   $('div').not($(this)).hide();
});

Try thinking in terms of all of the selector options instead of just
ids.  When clicking on an a tag with a class of className, the
following code will hide all divs except for the div with and index of
3.

$('.className a').click(function() {
   $('div').not($('div :eq(3)').hide();
});

Hopefully, you can adapt the above logic to what you need.  The above
code also hasn't been tested, so might not work without some
adjustment.