Hi,

I'm using the jQuery Validate plugin with success in it's basic form. I'm
looking to require ONLY letters in a field and I see that it's possible (I
think) using the code in the additional-methods.js file which is included in
the download package.

The code is as follows:

jQuery.validator.addMethod("lettersonly", function(value, element) {
        return this.optional(element) || /^[a-z]+$/i.test(value);
}, "Letters only please");

My problem is that I'm not sure where to place the above code so that I can
require only letters in one of my fields?

Here is my current code:

$("#submit").validate({
        errorPlacement: function(error, element) {
             error.insertBefore(element);
         },
                rules: {
                        name: "required",
                        email: {
                                required: true,
                                email: true
                        }
                },
                messages: {
                        name: "Please enter your name",
                        email: {
                                required: "Please enter your email",
                                email: "Please enter a valid email address"

Thanks