Hello,

Sorry if my question is not worded properly, I'm new to jQuery and still do
not understand its syntax. I've read a lot of examples and it did not help
me much.

I've got this really simple JS function:

function getActiveText(e) {
        var text = window.getSelection();
        alert(text);
}

That returns the raw selection in an xhtml page.

Now I want to limit what it returns to only what is enclosed in divs of the
class "selectable".

jQuery has the $('div.selectable') selector which selects all <div> elements
with a class name of "selectable".

What I'm missing is the glue code between my function and jQuery's selector.

>From there, I should be able to go further with jQuery. Now I'm just getting
confused.

Cheers,
Stéphane