Hey all,
I'm in need of making a remote request (i.e. to a different domain)
using the $.ajax function.  Doing some preliminary research on google
and this group, it looks like the most popular workaround is to call a
separate local script using $ajax; and then having the local script
perform the actual remote request.  However, for my current situation,
I cannot utilize a local script.

The documentation for $ajax seems to imply that jquery supports remote
calls, unless I'm misinterpreting this line:
"All remote (not on the same domain) POST requests are converted to
GET when 'script' is the dataType (because it loads script using a DOM
script tag)."
http://docs.jquery.com/Ajax/jQuery.ajax

Can someone post an example of a remote request using $ajax?

Please let me know if you'd me to clarify.  Thanks!

Dave