Hi there,

I'm brainstorming about something and was hoping you guys (and girls)
could help me... Picture this:

- When a visitor moves his/her mouse over a thumb image (say a map),
the magnified part of that image appears in another DIV. I can do this
with jQZoom..
- Then when the visitor is satisfied with the magnified map he sees,
he clicks and the map freezes. Now he/she moves the mousepointer to
the magnified map, which is devided into several smaller blocks
(grid). By moving over these blocks, they highlight (for instance ->
border color) and can be clicked to go to the page of that particular
block.

My problem: I could use the HTML area tag to make the blocks, but
can't apply a css :hover class to them.

Is there an easier way to get to where I want?

Please help.