Yes, 'global' variables are properties of the window object, there is
one for each frame.

It seems you're calling top.$(...) inside coll_toc.html, but you don't
have jQuery loaded in your index.html (the parent frame). In fact,
none of your CSS or JS files called in index.html's <head> are being
loaded cause you've got the wrong path:

'../../Style/...' should be '../Style/...'

and by the way, having your scripts inside a folder named "style" is a
bit confusing...

- ricardo