Hi all,

I really love jQuery and am running into my first real issue with it,
regarding AJAX callbacks in Internet Explorer.

I have a Python script configured that returns a string of text that I
want to inject into an HTML page.

My AJAX call looks like this (reduced to essentials):

$.ajax( {
 type:"GET",
 url:"recents",
 dataType:"text",
 data:"x="+x+"&y="+y,
 success: function(msg){ alert(msg); },
 error: function(XMLHttpRequest, textStatus, errorThrown) { alert
( textStatus + "\n" + errorThrown);}
});

The Python script is configured to return text/plain. The code works
beautifully in every browser except IE.

For reference, the script looks like this (using mod_python with a
Publisher handler):

def recents( req, x, y ):
    req.content_type = 'text/plain'
    rtn = ""
    for item in items.recents(x,y):
        rtn += "<div class='item'>%s</div>" % item
    return rtn

What am I missing? Something is obviously wrong since IE is unable to
parse the return value. But I am confused why IE would be attempting
to parse the data returned, since I am specifying plaintext? I don't
need an XML object created.

Many thanks for the help...

Chris