Paul,

I appreciate your help but the reason I want to use jQuery is because
I don't have access to the source. I'm trying to style a SharePoint
site and many of these tags are auto-generated so I'm limited as to
what I can and cannot directly access via a class or id tag. So
although I would normally use your solution because I cannot access
that particular tag I need to do some kind of DOM traversal.

Also the reason I'm using jQuery is oft-times when I've tried to embed
a script tag in a SharePoint site the code just doesn't run for some
arcane security reason I'm not yet aware of. It seems jQuery does
things in a way that is more accessible or palatable to SharePoint.

Guy