Have you tried breaking apart your chain? At least to debug. Might help to
do a console.log step (in Firebug) at each function call to ensure your
selectors are returning what you expect, your slice etc. This would allow
you to see if for example addClass is being called on 1 element, or many
elements. Also, you should escape '>' as '>'

- Richard