Thanks Gilles for your reply and for the plug in.

I have continued researching where the problem might be and found the
following that might help :

1. plugin works in IE7, Firefox 3.04 Windows and Safari 3 but fails in
Firefox 3.04 MacOS where Firefox crashes immediately after the log
displays the message "file upload started".

2. additional parms should be passed as a javascript object which
works fine in GET mode but seems buggy in POST mode.
In this case the form data are badly built. While the parms names are
propertly extracted from the parms object, the parms value are
improperly extracted and show [object Object] rather than the real
value.

3. multiple must be passed as "true" or "false" not "1" or "0" or
false or true. Your documentation was clear and I missed it.

4. the plugin hangs anyway in all working platforms if the backend
script issue a redirect.

Hope it helps