I'm trying to understand the relationship between the page that
spawns a thickbox and the code in the thickbox, itself.

The question is:

Can the jQuery code that is embedded in a thickbox affect
the elements on the page that spawned the thickbox?

For instance: (pseudo-code)

callingpage.cfm
----------------------------------

<has <p id="logstatus">Log In</p> on page>
<open thickbox>

thickboxpage.cfm (in modal window)
----------------------------------

<thickbox runs some code, has success callback from Ajax function>
<part of the success code targets an element on callingpage.cfm
and, say, causes it to changed from "Log In" to "Log Out">
<close thickbox>

callingpage.cfm
<calling page now has <p id="logstatus">Log Out</p> on page

Is this type of thing possible?  I'm unsure of the relationship
that a calling page has with a modal window it may spawn.

Thanks for any insight.

Rick