Is there anyone who could work with jqGrid and web services in a
asp.net project? I really try hard to just be able to call the method
in my web service for no avail. I have the following in my html file:
    <script type="text/javascript">
        $(function() {

            $('#list').jqGrid({

                url: 'Services/Bill.asmx/Get_Client_jqGrid'
                 , datatype: 'xmlstring'

                , colNames: ['Name']
                , colModel:
                [
                            { name: 'CltName', index: 'CltName', width: 55 }
                    ]

                , caption: "Client"

            }); // jqGrid
        });      // ready
    </script>

And I made a web service with the following signature:
    [WebMethod]

    public string  Get_Client_jqGrid()
    {
                // just some code to test the
HttpContext.Current.Request.Params[]
}
I put a breakpoint in the web service but it’s never been called. I
get jut the header with Loading message. any help would be really
appreciated. I tried a grid with local data, and the edit return
perfectly to another WebMethod of the web service.