Hello,

I have a a drop-down box (<select> and <option>) that is empty until
clicked, at which time $.getJSON() adds a number of option tags. The
problem is how Firefox and IE behave after the data is inserted into
the down-down. FF keeps the drop-down "open" so the user can
immediately view all the options. IE, however, blurs the drop-down
after the data is loaded so the user has to click the drop-down again
to see the new info.

My first thought was to add a focus() event, but that does not cause
the drop-down to "open" in IE. I also tried scroll(), but while FF
recognizes scroll events on drop-downs, IE does not. Anyone have an
idea how to solve this problem? Thanks a lot for the help.