I'm relatively new to jquery, and i'm trying to find a way to toggle a
simple animation?

At the moment I have this, which moves a div 400px to the left upon
clicking a link. Pretty straight forward.

$(document).ready(function(){
   $(".slide").click(function () {
                $("#slider").animate({marginLeft: "-400px"}, 1000,
"easeInOutQuad")

I want the link with the "slide" class to toggle that div to animate
400px to the left on click, and then animate it back to 0px upon
another click. Really just toggle between those two positions.

I've tried searching tutorials, and plugins, but I can't seem to find
anything to for something I though would be relatively simple.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.