My callback goes as follows:

function mycarousel_initCallback(carousel)
{
    <?php if($slider == 'auto') { ?>
    // Disable autoscrolling if the user clicks the prev or next
button.
    carousel.buttonNext.bind('click', function() {
        carousel.startAuto(0);
    });

    carousel.buttonPrev.bind('click', function() {
        carousel.startAuto(0);
    });

    // Pause autoscrolling if the user moves with the cursor over the
clip.
    carousel.clip.hover(function() {
        carousel.stopAuto();
    }, function() {
        carousel.startAuto();
    });
        <?php } ?>
};

Next I have a function which handles the ajax stuff for the cookie and
the success output:

function getscrolltype(what) {
        $.get('autoscroll.php',{scrollmodus: what},function(returned_data)
         {
                         if(what == "auto") {
                                $("#autoscroll_output").html("Automatisch
scrollen");
                         }

                         if(what == "manuell") {
                                $("#autoscroll_output").html("Manuell
scrollen");

        );
}

The switch I realised as follows:
                <h4>Projektfenster:</h4>
            <ul>
                <li><a href="#" onclick="getscrolltype('auto');"
id="autoscroll">Automatisch scrollen</a></li>
                <li><a href="#" onclick="getscrolltype('manuell');"
id="manuellscroll">Manuell scrollen</a></li>
            </ul>

            Gewählt: <span id="autoscroll_output"><?php if
($slider=="auto"){
                                echo "Automatisch scrollen";
                        } else { echo "Manuell scrollen";
                        }?></span>

Finally my little page "autoscroll.php" that sets the php cookie and
responds:

<?php
require_once('includes/config.inc.php');

$slider= $_GET['scrollmodus'];
if($slider != "auto" && $style != "manuell"){
        $slider = "manuell";
}

setcookie("info_autoscroll", $slider, time()+(604800 *
$styleduration));

echo $slider;
?>

So what I trying  to reach without sucess is to start/stop autoscroll
from the javascript function getscrolltype above:

function getscrolltype(what) {
        $.get('autoscroll.php',{scrollmodus: what},function(returned_data)
         {
                         if(what == "auto") {
                                $("#autoscroll_output").html("Automatisch
scrollen");

                               *** Start the Autoscroll of my
jcarousel now ***
                         }

                         if(what == "manuell") {
                                $("#autoscroll_output").html("Manuell
scrollen");

                                 *** Stop the Autoscroll of my
jcarousel now ***

        );
}

I tried several things, but nothing worked out for me. The PHP part
works well, but it obvious only comes out, if the Visitor clicks on a
link. What I want is to start/stop Autoscroll immediately. Is that
possible?

Hope I described my Problem a lot better. Sorry for my English, I am
german.

Any help is greatly apreciated, I keep the fingers cross, that
somebody couls help me out of this. Thank  you.