Hello,

I don't know wether it is the right place for this question but I am
going to ask it anyway. I used jquery on my site and I registered a
function on all of the nodes of a certain class like this:

$('.up').click(function(){
   /* do stuff*/
});

The interesting thing about it is that this assignment of the function
to the event only appears to work with some of the elements. I have a
div container on the left containing elements classed ".up". If ".up"
is clicked I then go, clone the element and put it into what I call
the "shopping trolley" on the right. Now since I have cloned the node
which contains a ".up" classed element I would think that after
cloning the clone does inherit the event assignment. But oddly it does
not seem to. And it gets even more obsurd. If I then go and try to
reassign the event to the copied node, it still does not call the
assigned function when ".up" on the right side is clicked.

You can have a look at the source at
http://niklas.bplaced.net/dev/php/gallery.php

Your help is very much appreciated.

Greetings Niklas