Hi gurus!

I'm using Jorn's autocomplete plugin with multiple textareas - but
each one not chained to the other.

I've read Jorn's autocomplete plugin page (
http://bassistance.de/jquery-plugins/jquery-plugin-validation/ ), this
forum, and searched web, but can't find a way to chain multiple
textareas with his plugin. It's not an original idea, but I can't find
any demos or code. Most examples I find use drop down boxes not
textareas that drop down autocomplete suggestions like I need, and I
don't know how to change this.

If anyone has done this and can post a little code to get me started -
or link to a tutorial - thank you thank you!

My current form has:

Textarea1 - University

Textarea2 - Academic Department

Textarea3 - Student Courses

and each text area has autocomplete to suggest names but each isn't
linked to the other.

I need to change Jorn's autocomplete (or find other similar plugin) to
allow user to type University name - autocomplete suggest name (as it
does now) *and* then suggest Department names for the university that
user has chosen, and then suggest courses for the university and
department they have chosen.

The individual autocompletes are currently pulling names from a db.

Last thing - I guess the fields should be shown in a cascading manner
- after University name is completed, then the Department name field
is shown. But I guess this isn't necessary as sometimes the user may
want to go back to a field eg Department and change it without seeing
the field below disappear.
Your ideas/suggestions/examples are welcome.

Many thanks!