Hi all,

I'm trying to save the content of a form into a hidden div, so I can
bring it back later.

However, I also want to save the user's progress on the form. I
thought I could just dump $('#form').html() into the hidden div, but
this seems to only remember the original html, no new value attributes
exist even after I've entered some text.

I tested with something like this:

                $('body').find(':input').each(

                function()
                {
                        alert($(this).attr('name')+": "+$(this).val()+",
"+$(this).attr
('value'));
                        //.val() and .attr(val)  are always up to date
and consistent

                        alert(""+$(this).parent().html());
                        //inconsistent with .attr(val)  above, seems to
be the original only

                }
                );

An obvious work around would be to iterate through the inputs
explicitly setting the value atribute to .val(), which I assume would
work, but it seems there must be a more elegant way...

Is there something like  .liveHtml()?  Or another solution?

Thanks in advance...