Hi,

[reposted, didn't appear in archives... sorry for the noise]

I've encountered, and worked around, a rendering performance problem
in WebKit based browsers.

I'm working on a webapp and a particular uncontrived page is rendered
by FireFox in about 0.5s while Safari takes about 12s -- that's about
20 times slower. And 12s is way too long from any user's point of view.

I really don't know how jQuery/ListNav and the Blueprint CSS
stylesheet are interacting, and I certainly don't know whose 'fault'
it is, but I do know it can be avoided by applying the style sheet
after ListNav has finished doing it's thing on the page.

I've written in more detail about this on my weblog:

<http://recursive.ca/hutch/2008/12/30/how-to-destroy-page-rendering-performance-using-just-javascript-and-css/

Cheers,
Bob