I found and fixed the problem for Wordpress.

In the header, I had the inline code: Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
      var $j = jQuery.noConflict();
         $j(function() {
         $j('#tab-panel1 ul').tabs({ fxFade: true, fxSpeed:
'fast' });
         $j('#tab-panel2 ul').tabs({ fxFade: true, fxSpeed:
'fast' });
         $j('#container-11 ul').tabs({ event: 'mouseover' }).find
('a').click(function() {
         return false;
</script>

This was the cause for crashing the jQuery.
Once I wrapped the code in jQuery().ready(function(){ code here }); it
worked.

I will offcourse move this scrips to a js. file  Now for doing the
same test with Drupal.

Steven