Brian,

I am a newbie on CSS , let me try to change it and update you back on how it
goes, thanks it seems this should work.
BTW, changing to /images/down.gif, does not work at all, my images folder is
at the root itself. Under the webapps folder of my java application.

Even if I try to create a href link to /images/down.gif, it goes directly to
http://images/down.gif instead of going to
http://localhost:8080/images/down.gif.

thanks
Mark