I'm currently using the SVN Trunk version of jQuery and jQuery UI and the
sortables, which use drag and drop, are working for me. If you are willing
to live on the edge, which I'm guessing you are since you are trying to use
preview releases, you might want to try trunk to see if that fixes your
issue.
--
Brandon Aaron