For the sake of maintainability and reuseability, inline events are a
poor decision if you're using a robust library such as jQuery. A lot
of the jQuery source code is aimed at traversing, manipulating, and
hooking the DOM events. Using jQuery and inline events is like buying
a ferrari and hooking it up to a horse to pull it.

Do you have an example of a large, complex page where jQuery is too
slow to list inline events? I've never even heard such an indictment
against event handling outside of the markup.