You'll certainly have to look at something server-side. I suggest you
create a form with hidden fields that jQuery populates (I'm assuming
that the data is user-generated) and which is then sent to an
application to create the chart/graph.

If you use PHP, you coulduse the PEAR Image_Graph package, for example.