malsup wrote:

> Sorry, I read your first message too quickly.  Is 'edit_card_jq' bound
> as a submit handler?  If so, you should return false form that fn.  If
> not, could you post a little more code or provide a link?

Here's a link that shows what I'm doing: http://blueapples.org/test/forms/

I figured out what my problem was however. I was trying to call ajaxForm
like this:

$('#edit_card form').ajaxSubmit('#edit_card', function() {
        alert('Loaded');
        edit_card_jq();
});

Instead of the proper way using an options dictionary:

$('#edit_card form').ajaxSubmit({
        target: '#edit_card',
        success: function() {
                alert('Loaded');
                edit_card_jq();

My mistake but I sure with Javascript would have complained about it. Oh
well, figured it out! Sorry to waste your time.