Thanks!

I did this so far:

                jQuery.validator.addMethod("hasNumber", function(value,
element) {
                                return this.optional(element) ||
/\d/.test(value);
                        }, "Must contain a number.");

seems working for now but I check the password thing.

Luke

On Jan 15, 2009, at 1:25 PM, Jörn Zaefferer wrote:

digits requires digits only, eg. 123, number requires a decimal
number, eg. 500.1.

This extension might be a good starting point:
http://view.jquery.com/trunk/plugins/validate.password/
The password rules are a bit more complex and are rated, and the
rating is displayed. Take a look at the demo for the necessary markup.

If you can't use that as is, take a look at the password-method, that
should be a good starting point:
http://view.jquery.com/trunk/plugins/validate.password/jquery.validate.password.js

Jörn