It seems like this has been asked a million times, but nothing seems
to answer my question.

I include it in my .xul above my other scripts- (I checked the
location and it's correct).

It's the first time I've used jQuery in an extension, so I'm trying to
run some commands on load just to see if it works. The following below
throws no exceptions:

window.addEventListener("load", function() { init(); }, false)
var init = function() {
        try {
                jQuery.noConflict();
        } catch(e) { alert(e); }
}

Below I'll list a bunch of things I tried with their respective errors
to maybe help give a glimpse into whats going on... What's going on
here? I'm sure it's something obvious, or simple...

The following:

window.addEventListener("load", function() { init(); }, false)
var init = function() {
        try {
                jQuery.noConflict();
                alert(jQuery("body"));
        } catch(e) { alert(e); }
}

Throws:

TypeError: n.find is not a function

The Following:

window.addEventListener("load", function() { init(); }, false)
var init = function() {
        try {
                $.getJSON("http://www.google.com/";, function(data) {
                        alert(data);
                });
        } catch(e) { alert(e); }
}

Throws:
TypeError: $.getJSON is not a function

The Following:

window.addEventListener("load", function() { init(); }, false)
var init = function() {
        try {
                jQuery.noConflict();
                jQuery.getJSON("http://www.google.com/";, function(data) {
                        alert(data);
                });
        } catch(e) { alert(e); }
}
Throws:
TypeError: jQuery.getJSON is not a function

Thanks, guys!