> Sean,
>
> I don't understand what that means. I did some googling on it and i found
> that it means "the name of the starttag (the first <some_name> you find is
> not equal to the final end tag (the last </some_name> you will find) you
> need to make them the same name".
>
> My html and head tags are named the same, so I am not sure what this means
> or why it's not making the jquery work in Internet Explorer.
>
> Can you please tell me what I can do to fix this problem?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Chris

Sean is referring to the fact that your markup is invalid (unclosed
link tag):

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.idea-palette.com%2Ftestfolder%2Fpagetest2.html&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0

The bottom line though, is that IE is throwing a scripting error.  You
need to get that fixed.  Do you have script debugging enabled? Don't
you see the warning icon on the status bar?