Not really. In one way or the other, you have to make a trade-off -
I'd just ignore the warning, knowing that there really isn't a
problem.

One way to reduce the problem may be class compositions:
http://docs.jquery.com/Plugins/Validation/Validator/addClassRules#namerules
You'd put together the various "complex" combinations you have into
simpler classes, and use only those, without the curly braces.

Or, customize the metadata plugin to use other characters for
embedding - no idea whats valid for XHTML 1.1.

Jörn