Thanks again.  On reflection I think you are right James.  I should
probably disable autocomplete for this field and doing so would
resolve my issue.

However, I've taken a quick look at the nocomplete plugin and that's
not really what I want as it breaks some other functionality I have on
those inputs.

Is there a simple an elegant way to do it?

Thanks!

Rob.