I am trying to create a function that returns the value produced from an
Ajaxcfc call.

        function getRootCatID(strSupplierCode){
                var objParams = {};
                objParams.strSupplierCode = strSupplierCode;
                $.AjaxCFC({
                         url: "model/category/CategoryAjaxFacade.cfc",
                         method: "getRootNode",
                         data: objParams,
                         unnamedargs: false,
                         serialization: "json",
                         success: function(intCatID) {
                                alert(intCatID);

                 return intCatID;
        }

I have not been able to return a value from with the success parameter or
outside the ajaxcfc call.

How can I get my function working ?

thanks very much