Hi,

I need to know where I am doing wrong.  The ALERT message in my jquery
code doesn't seem to get hit when I put a breakpoint in firebug.  The
plan is to loop through all the <TABLE> Elements in the XML response
and create a 3-column HTML table from its child nodes.  Thanks in
advance.

This is my jQuery Code >> Where CategoriesList is a .NET dropdown
control:
-----------------------------
        $(function(){
            var selectid = "#" + '<%= CategoriesList.ClientID
%>'
            $(selectid).change(function(){
                $.ajax({
                    url: "http://localhost/ws/JQService.asmx/
GetCategories",
                    type: "POST",
                    data:  "categoryid=" + category,
                    dataType: "xml",
                    success: function(xml){
                        $(xml).find("table").each(function(){
                            alert("message");

This is the XML returned by my web service:
---------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<NewDataSet>
  <Table>
    <ProductID>16</ProductID>
    <ProductName>Pavlova</ProductName>
    <UnitPrice>17.4500</UnitPrice>
  </Table>
  <Table>
    <ProductID>19</ProductID>
    <ProductName>Teatime Chocolate Biscuits</ProductName>
    <UnitPrice>9.2000</UnitPrice>
  </Table>
</NewDataSet>