Hi,

Apologies for this noob question, but I really need help and I have
tried numerous techniques to get this right.

A client has asked me to create an accessible form that has text
describing what to put in the input area shown within the input.
However, they don't want a label above it.

To keep the form accessible, I've created a class that positions the
labels in the form -9999px to the left and used JQuery to add that
class to the labels so they are visible if Javascript is disabled.

However, I need to use JQuery to show the label text and place it
within the input so visitors know what each input is for. I can't just
add value attribute (i.e. <input value ="" /> ) because I'm using this
for a PHP form variable.

Can anyone help me with this? I assume it can't be too difficult to
do...right?

Thanks