Hi all,

I'm running into a small problem with .clone() on select elements.  If
I create a simple HTML select with, say, 3 options, choose the middle
one, then clone the select, the resulting clone does not have the
middle option selected.  Yet, with other form elements, the various
chosen/selected attributes come with the clone and its children like
you'd expect.  I put together a bare-bones demo here:

http://www.command-tab.com/temp/clone.html

First choose B or C from the select, then click the Clone Select
button to clone that select and append it to the body.  Note that A is
selected, while the original select still has B or C selected.  (I get
the same results in Firefox 3 and IE 6, for what that's worth.)

Then, type some gibberish into the input on that page and click Clone
Input, and see that the value you entered IS part of the clone.  This
holds true for radio button groups and checkboxes.

Is there some reason selects don't work like the rest?

Thanks!