I don`t think 'onload' will work for flash content, as even if
the .swf object is fully loaded it's content might not be.

But you have the solution in your hands, take a look at the amcharts
documentation:

http://www.amcharts.com/docs/v.1/stock/javascript/basics

"Before you can start controlling the chart with JavaScript, the SWF,
settings and data files must be fully loaded. When the chart is
loaded, it calls a JavaScript function: amChartInited(chart_id)"

- ricardo