Hi all,

I'm using the cycle plugin for a slideshow I'm building. With the
slideshow comes a counter which shows which image it is that is
currently being viewed, for example 4/11.

I have a manual navigation with the slides so a link 'previous' or
'next' should be clicked to advance through the slideshow. Cycle works
very well with a manual navigation since you can use 'next:' and
'prev:'.

At the moment the problem is that the counter increments after a
'after: callback'. So it doesn't matter whether you click next or
previous the counter always adds up after a transition is complete,
whereas it should distract when the previous link is being clicked.

Is there a way to have the callback function know whether it should
add up or distract?