On Jan 29, 3:44 am, Mike Alsup <mal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The documentation says that the before and after callback methods are
> > passed three arguments:
> > 1. the DOM element for the slide that is being transitioned in (same
> > as this)
> > 2. the DOM element for the slide that is being transitioned out
> > 3. the options object
>
> > my guess is that should help, but it's not too well documented how
> > this works or what a code example of this would be.
>
> The before and after callbacks are actually passed a 4th argument
> which is a boolean flag.  The value is true when the slideshow is
> navigating forward and false when navigating backward.

Mike, thanks for your reply :) It's not clear to me how I would check
on this value. Below is my new code, how would I actually code the
"{booleanflag?!}" part?

//init vars
var initcount = 0;
var imgcount = $('div#imgcontainer img').size();

//callback function
function onAfter()
{
        if({booleanflag?!})
        {
                initcount++;
                if(initcount>imgcount) { initcount = 1; }
        }
        else
        {
                initcount--;
                if(initcount<1) { initcount = imgcount; }
        }

        $('div#controls span').html(initcount+'/'+imgcount);