If you are trying to send JavaScript via AJAX that's not JSON. JSON is
about data only (see: http://json.org/), and that's exactly what makes
secureEvalJSON() secure. This function checks that there is nothing
else in your JSON except data, especially no JavaScript commands.
QUOTE: "secureEvalJSON: Converts from JSON to Javascript, but does so
while checking to see if the source is actually JSON, and not with
other Javascript statements thrown in."

If your question is: How secure is it to transfer JavaScript via AJAX?
Then the answer depends on how secure is your channel, how confident
are you that the data are really from the expected source and how much
do you trust your source.

For the first shot I would say, that it is insecure by default.
However it depends on your application. Most web pages are loaded over
an insecure channel and from an unidentified source, and we live quite
well with it - as long as it's not my net banking page or an online
shop.
But from your example, I guess you are talking exactly about an online
shop - than you could use https, this would eliminate the network
questions, at least.

by(e)
Stephan