Hi,

I'm having a problem wit using next(). I have this code which i've built in
to a simple test page which you could run to see my problem (obviously you
need jquery included in the same directory).

IN firefox next finds the div and I get the alert back...as expected. the
div is a sibling of the list item and so should allow me to get to the
alert. However in IEx this does not happen.

Any ideas why? I thought jquery was supposed to deal with browser
inconsitency?!

anyways heres my code. Thanks in advance for any replies Smile

Code:
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
function accordion() {
   var y = $('ul#accordion li');
   y.css({'color' : 'red'})
   y.click(
      function() {
         var current = $(this).next();
         if ((current.is('div')) && (current.is(':visible'))) {
            alert('hi');
   );
}
</script>
</head>
<ul id="accordion">
    <li>Analysis</li>
typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy
text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and
scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five
centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining
essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of
Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with
desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem
Ipsum.</p>
[...]
</ul>
<script type="text/javascript">
accordion();