I think I've answered to that question already somewhere else, but
here we go. Yes, ui.panel is a reference to the div DOM node that
contains the content of a tab. You can do with it whatever you want to/
can do with a DOM node, for example wrap it in a jQuery object or
retrieve its id (ui.panel.id).

Other than that I don't understand your question. Could you explain
what kind of information you wish to retrieve from that node?

--Klaus