(This is really directed at the jQuery core team)

I notice that jQuery uses regexp statements like this one... (used in
the position() and offsetParent() methods for example)

    .../^body|html$/i.test(offsetParent.tagName)

Might it be faster to use a simple object hash like this instead...?

    var test = {BODY:true, HTML:true};
    ...test[offsetParent.tagName];

I did some crude experiments and found that the hash technique was at
least 4 times faster in IE7 and 15 times faster in FF3.

I've dumped some more info on http://blog.softwareunity.com/

I'm interested to hear people's opinions on this as a performance
booster.
(What shall I call it? Sizzle perhaps? No maybe that one's taken...)