I want to do a onclick event for anywhere in a table row except for a
specific cell. In that cell I want to be able to click a checkbox. I
have any # of rows and 12 columns in the table. I usually use a
something like this

%>&itemID=<%=itemID%>';"
onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='white';
this.style.cursor='pointer';"
onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='<%=strColor%>';
this.style.cursor='default';"
style="background-color:<%=strColor%>;">

In this instance I also need to allow the user to check on a bunch of
rows and submit to another page  with the records selected. I also
would like to still keep the row click because this is used everywhere
else.

I presume that someone could tell me how to handle this easily with
JQuery

Thanks in advance.