I have different subdomains pointing to the same file on my server -
simple enough. What I'd like to do is essentially reverse that: Can
the same file redirect to different subdomains?

For example: http://adamkobrin.com  When you click on any of the top 4
"links", different content is loaded, but you remain on the same page
with (hopefully) nice smooth transitions - the url remains unchanged.
I'm looking for a client-side way to change the subdomain in the
location bar based on each link, making it possible for the user to
bookmark each "page" differently, without compromising my smooth
transitions by loading a new page...

Make sense? Possible?

Thanks!